Read more and sign up to participate in these important cleanups here.
Sign up and head out to Linda Mar Beach or Mussel Rock this Saturday, September 20 from 9:00-11:00 am during California Coastal Cleanup Day to join our team searching for possible tsunami debris.
2014 COASTAL CLEAN UP DAY: LET'S MAKE TRASH EXTINCT
Help keep debris off our beaches, out of our ocean and waterways! It’s that time of year when the state’s largest volunteer event gives all Californians the chance to learn about and actively participate in conserving coastal resources during.
WHEN: Saturday September 20th
TAKE ACTION: 9:00 am - 11:00 am
@ clean up sites throughout Pacifica
on the Patio @ The Surf Spot, Pacifica
Join the PBC to pick up and clear away debris collecting along our beaches, parks, shoreline, creeks, parking lots and neighborhood streets from Mussel Rock to Sweeney Ridge to Pedro Point. Are you ready for some action? SIGN UP TODAY!
Who can participate? Adults, kids, families, seniors, students, groups, teams, businesses, volunteers, anyone!
Where will cleanups take place? At organized sites throughout Pacifica, at Mussel Rock and in Half Moon Bay. You can also register your own site.
How can I take action? Follow these THREE EASY STEPS:
STEP 1 - FIND A SITE & REGISTER: Click on the placemarks on the clean up map to view a complete list of sites.
STEP 2 - DOWNLOAD, PRINT & COMPLETE WAIVER FORM: Download, print and complete a Waiver Form [PDF] for each person in your household participating in CCUD 2014. Please bring your completed waiver form with you to the cleanup and submit to the site captain at check-in.
STEP 3 - ARRIVE AT YOUR SITE ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 20: Don't forget to pick up trash and debris while heading to your site. Grab a bag and glove from home and cleanup while on your way!BRING - Your completed waiver form (hard copy) to submit to site captain.
WEAR - Proper clothing (i.e. close-toed shoes, sunscreen, hat, and layers).
BRING - Reusable clean up supplies to reduce waste (bags, bucket, gloves, water bottle, etc.).*
*Note: PBC will also have clean-up supplies available for registered volunteers.
Read the Official 2014 Event Release from the California Coastal Commission here. View 2014 video here.
LATEST NEWS: MUSSEL ROCKSTARS DISCOVER POSSIBLE
JAPANESE TSUNAMI DEBRIS
It is expected the Japanese consulate will receive information on the findings to reach out to the government of Japan to try to identify an original owner and determine whether the boat was lost during the tsunami.
oin the Pacifica Beach Coalition For Upcoming Events
Read the Latest PBC e-News: Tsunami Debris, Coastal Cleanup Day & More!
More PBC News:
- Learn more and see the photos and the action with Genentech Gives Back 2014, visit us on Facebook.
- Learn more about Earth Day of Action & EcoFest 2014, event sponsors and local business contributors here. For highlights, photos and sentiments on what happened during Earth Week, Earth Day of Action & EcoFest, visit us on Facebook.
- 6th Annual Surf Movie Benefit in partnership with Pedro Point Surf Club supporting Earth Day of Action 2014 is a SUCCESS as GIGANTIC as Maverick's monster waves with an incredibly inspiring story and amazing guests!
- Pacifica Beach Coalition Receives “2013 Outstanding Community Organization” PLUS Additional Commendations during Pacifica Chamber of Commerce 2014 Awards
- Pacifica's Plastic Bag Ban Effective April 22, 2013 - Bring A Bag Every Time You Shop!
The Pacifica Beach Coalition is dedicated to preserving the ocean, coastal habitat and wildlife, and ending litter, through advocacy, education, community building, and citizen action. If you are interested in helping us with our mission, you are invited to join our group. Opportunities to help are numerous and all skills are appreciated. For more info, call 650-355-1668, or email email@example.com