Register Now for Earth Day of Action – Sat. April 21st 2018
VOLUNTEER & SITE REGISTRATION
EARTH DAY OF ACTION 2018 – April 21st 9 to 11am
For the 14th year in a row, Pacifica Beach Coalition is organizing one of the largest eco-friendly event in California, leading beach and neighborhood cleanups from Daly City to Half Moon Bay from 9-11am and then hosting a large EcoFest at Linda Mar State Beach with food, fun, music, eco-booths, hands on kids activities, environmental speakers from 11am – 2.30pm.
Last year, more than 6,800 volunteers removed nearly 2
tons of trash, half a ton of recycles, and 15,422 Cigarette filters.
We invite you to join our movement!
There are plenty of opportunities available to you, from volunteering as an individual or a family to organizing a group or leading a cleanup, garden, or habitat restoration project.
Or simply coming to our EcoFest located at Linda Mar State Beach. Live music, fun activities for kids and adults and awesome environmental booths are on the program!
Individual & Family Registration – OPEN
If you are an individual, a family or a small group of friends and you wish to help at one of the beaches or general sites, fill out this online waiver form to sign up and select the project location you would like to join, you can also refer yourself to the map below. The waiver must be filled out online by each person/family or on the day of the event, please note that doing it online saves time and paper.
Group, Team & Site Captain Registration – OPEN
Please fill out this group registration form if you are:
– A group WITH a site to cleanup, garden, or do habitat restoration
– A group who would like to ADOPT a new site => See the sites in need here!
– A group who is looking for a needy site to HELP
Please also fill out this online waiver form and share the link with your group. It is one waiver per person and it must be filled out online or on the day of the event, please note that doing it online saves time and paper.
All site captains will have access to:
• Publicity (posters, flyers + online promotion)
• Supplies for your project (gloves, buckets, scales…)
• Giveaways (Educational Memento)
• Debris Disposal (dump site information below)
• Instructions & papers (waivers, contact form…)
Please scroll below to find the documentation and how-to guides.
1 A. Group leaders: Register your group (Have members of your group fill out our online waiver form)
1 B. Families, friends or individual: Register online HERE (which is also our waiver form). If you are part of a small group please have all the family/group members sign it.
2. Arrive at your site at 9am (or before if you are a leader) on Saturday, April 21st
3. Check in, be safe, help at your site, and have fun
4. When done join the fun at EcoFest at the South Parking lot of Linda Mar State Beach from 11AM to 2:30PM
Limited Parking, so hike, bike, carpool or take the shuttle to the EcoFest!
WEAR – Proper clothing (i.e., sturdy shoes, sunscreen, hat and layered clothing).
BRING – Reusable clean up supplies to reduce waste
PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BUCKET AND GLOVES!
FOR SITE CAPTAINS
1. Remember all your supplies, material and documents
2. Arrive at your site before 9am to set up on Saturday, April 21st
3. Lead your cleanup, have fun and stay safe
4. After your cleanup, drop off your Trash Result Form to the waste collection center with your trash and extra supplies. If you can’t make it, send us an email at info[at]pacificabeachcoalition.org.
SUPPLIES PICK UP:
DOCUMENTATION & HOW-TO GUIDE
|For Site Captains||For Group Leaders|
|– Who to contact sheet||– Printable waiver form|
|– Cleanup guidelines||– Earth Day Poster|
|– Earth Day Poster||– Cleanup guidelines|
|– Trash Result Form to print|
|– Printable waiver form|